Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Creates and amasses auxiliary metal items, for example, system or shells for hardware, broilers, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for structures and extensions as per employment request, verbal guidelines, and outlines: Develops format and plans arrangement of operations, applying learning of trigonometry, stock recompenses for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
- Locates and checks twisting and cutting lines onto work piece.
- Sets up and works manufacturing machines, for example, brakes, moves, shears, fire cutters, and drill presses.
- Designs and develops layouts and apparatuses.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to details, utilizing square, ruler, and measuring tape.
- May manufacture and collect sheet metal items.
- May set up and work machine devices connected with manufacturing shops, for example, outspread drill press, end factory, and edge planer.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
- Principles of the Occupational Safety & Health
- Safe Work Practices
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Hazard Controls
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software Intro
- Computer Aided Drafting principles
- communication skills
- applying skills
- basic writing skills.
- Develop written work (industry related)
- mathematics basic skills
- solving equations & formulas
- Fractions, decimals, metric measurements & problem solving.
- Geometric shapes area, circumference, volume, & weights.
- Utilizing tables of roots, trig functions, and orientation to solve problems.
- Basic blueprint reading.
- Identify blueprint lines, dimensioning systems, drawings and welding symbols
- sketching basic techniques practice
- structural drawings & specifications interpretation
- Structural, pressure vessel & piping drawings.
Layout and Fabrication
- templates Intro
- making fabrication templates
- transfer patterns to plate
- shop equipment operations (Basic & advanced)
- Pressure vessel and structural steel fabrication
Rigging & Material Handling
- Intro to Basic Rigging & Material Handling
- Advanced rigging techniques & tools
- safe utilization of overhead crane & rigging hardware.
- safe work practices
- marine application intro
- Marine terminology, fitting & fabricating techniques
- Production standards and accuracy.
Semi-Auto Wire (4-Pos Fillet)
- GMAW & FCAW processes
- vertical & overhead positions Intro
Metallurgical Principles and Heat Distortion
- Properties of metals Intro
- Effects of temperature on metals.
- controlling heat distortion
- Principles of a workshop setting.
WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems)
- WHMIS Intro
- Data Sheets for Material safety
- UNFPA Diamonds
- Products Labels
- Introduction oxy-acetylene process
- Set-up, assembly, disassembly of oxy-acetylene
- oxy-acetylene cutting operation & welding equipment
- Oxy-acetylene cutting and welding process
- Cylinders Storage, handling, identification & transportation.
Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Shielded metal arc welding (Smaw)
- Identification of Smaw equipment, consumables, codes and standards
- fillet and full penetration groove welds
- open root welding in the flat position