Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Plan and prepare to spray paint on furniture.
- Prepare materials and application area of furniture for spray painting.
- Set up and test spray painting equipment.
- Apply paint on furniture using the spray system.
- Clean up and store spray painting equipment.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
Health & Safety
- Apply safe occupation rehearses
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHIMS)
- UNFPA Diamonds, Product Labels and MSDS
- Apply ecological standards and best practices in a working environment or business
- Apply and examine natural controls in industry
Plan and organize the job
- Read the occupation detail.
- Complete the work routine supplied by your educator.
- Measure the occupation and compute amounts of materials.
Prepare surfaces, materials and the work area
- Cover adjacent surfaces with drop sheets.
- Use tape and a masking machine to mask the perimeter of the surface to be
- Test the viscosity of the paint and adjust if necessary.
- Colour theory
- Colour mixing
Set up & test the spray equipment
- Select a position to set up the spray unit.
- Connect the spray unit to the power supply.
- Flush the unit with water/solvent.
- Prime the spray unit with paint.
- Select and install filters.
- Select and install spray tip.
- Set spray pressure.
- Test spray pattern and adjust pressure as necessary.
- Wood finishing theory
- Wood finishing procedures
- Decorative finishes theory
- Decorative finishes
- Specialty finishes theory
- Specialty finishes applications
- Color selection/designing
- Advanced wood finishing theory
- Advanced wood finishing processes
Closed down, clean and store hardware and materials
- Flush the shower unit with water or dissolvable.
- Clean channels and tips.
- Prime and include pump saver (if the unit is a cylinder pump)
- Clean all shower parts.
- Store all hardware and materials