Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- React to flame cautions and fire dousers.
- Respond to calls for crisis therapeutic administrations and give medical aid.
- Respond to and give help with crisis circumstances.
- Clean and assess mechanical assembly and devices subsequent to coming back from a flame.
- Inspect gear and instruments and illuminate senior officer of any issues.
- Make minor repairs to gear and apparatuses, perform routine protection
- upkeep errands
- Store fire station, apparatuses, hardware and grounds in a perfect and composed way
- Participate in preparing exercises and guideline sessions
- Gain and hold a systematic learning of the City, including boulevards, irregular dangers, structures, water supply and comparative things
- Perform different open mindfulness or instruction errands
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
Fire Department Organization
- Identification of Fire department
- Role of firefighter
- Function of standard operating procedures
- Fire department’s rules and regulations
o Ignition temperature
o Flammable limits/flammable range
o Vapor density
- Fire triangle and fire tetrahedron
- Relationship of the concentration of oxygen to combustibility and life safety
- Methods of heat transfer
- Law of Heat Flow
- Dangerous building conditions created by fire
- Effects of heat, smoke and water in a burning building
- Identification of the term “building collapse”
- Hazards associated to electrical emergencies
- Personal protective equipments usage
- Safety plans and procedures for ensuring a safe station/facility environment
- Potential consequences of exposure to combustion materials
Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Hazardous environments and use of respiratory protection
- Physical requirements of a SCBA
- Uses and limitations
- Identification of each component and safety feature
- Function of each component
- Inspection procedures for the basic components
- Safety procedures to be taken while wearing and working
- Emergency procedures in the event of failure
- Methods of donning and doffing
Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Classification and types of fire by symbols, pictures, and color-coding
- Portable fire extinguisher rating system
- Appropriate extinguishers and the application techniques
- Inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers
- Knowledge and use of ladders.
- Safe ladder operation
- Cleaning and maintenance.
- Inspection procedures.
- Methods of firefighter carriers.
Fire Hose and Appliances
- Construction features of hose
- Fire hoses types
- Fire hose damages and their prevention
- Construction features of fire hose couplings
- Forward and reverse hose lay
- Hose roll types
- Coupling and uncoupling procedures
- Hose carries types
- Loading hose loads or finishes types
- Procedures for lengthening a hose line
Emergency Medical Care
- Emergency response procedure
- First Aid and CPR
- Construction features, material and types of doors, windows and vertical barriers.
- Door and window locking devices.
- Identification and use of hand tools.
- Maintenance and inspection of hand tools used for forcible entry.
- Techniques of though-the-lock entry for doors and windows.
- Principles of ventilation
- Safety considerations and precautions.
- Pros and cons.
- Identification of signs, causes and effects of backdraft explosions.
- Techniques of backdraft explosion prevention
- Identification of the equipment necessary for water transfer
- Guidelines for loading and offloading
- Mobile water supply apparatus
- Water distribution system
- Awareness and use of hydrants
- Causes of hydrant failure
- Apparatus, equipment, and appliances
- Method for connecting to a hydrant
Nozzles and Fire Streams
- Identification and objective of Fire streams
- Training on all types of extinguishing agents
- Fire stream patterns types and sizes
- Knowledge and use of various types of nozzles
- Nozzle pressure effects and the flow capabilities
- Safety procedures to handle fire hose and related equipment
- Technical Rescue Awareness training
- Assessment of vehicular rescue situations
- Room search procedures with or without using a rope or hose line
- Removal of victims by the use of carries and drags
Fire detection, alarm and suppression systems
- Fire alarm systems and their components
- Knowledge of fire sprinklers and its components
- Fire department sprinkler connection and water flow alarm
- Components of a hood and duct system and its uses.
- Wet pipe and dry pipe systems and their uses
- Procedure of operating a main control valve on an automatic sprinkler system
- Fire stream selection techniques
- Procedures for a direct, indirect and combination attack.
- Advantages and disadvantages of various extinguishing agent