Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
• Manage the key and regulatory strategies required in the acquirement
of development work.
• Understand the central abilities required by surveyors working in the
• Improve and build up the relationship between time, expense and quality in the
development acquisition process and the option obtainment courses accessible.
• Understand the administration and organization of development contracts.
• Identify and clarify the part of the different members in your own local
• Understand the accessible choices for the obtainment of development work.
• Manage time, expense and quality on a development venture.
• Understand the procedure of estimation and assessing.
• Understand and consider contract organization with respect to the legitimate
premise for controlling development ventures.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
· ™Standard method of measurement: civil engineering standard method of
· ™Application and extent
· ™Object of cesmm3
· ™Object of the bill of quantities
Application of the Work Classification
· ™Item description
· ™Mode of description
· ™Separate items
· ™Units of measurement
· ™Measurement rules
· ™Definition rules
· ™Coverage rules
· ™Additional coverage rules
· ™Applicability of rules
Coding and Numbering of Items
· ™Item numbers
· ™Coding of unclassified items
· ™Numbering of items with additional description
Preparation of the Bill of Quantities
· Measurement of completed work
· Sections of the bill of quantities
· List of principal quantities
· Day work schedule
· Work items: division of the bill of quantities into parts; headings and subheadings;
extent of itemization and description; descriptions; ranges of dimensions; prime
cost items; provisional sums; quantities; units of measurement; work affected by
water; ground and excavation levels; form and setting
· Grand summary: general contingency allowance; adjustment item; total of the
priced bill of quantities
Completion, Pricing and Use of the Bill of Quantities
· ™Insertion of rates and prices
· ™Parts to be totalled
· ™Adjustment item
· ™Insertion by a tendered
· ™Contractor not bound to adopt method
· ™Charges not to be measured
· ™Payment when method not adopted