Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Abrade metal surfaces or hard-composition objects to eliminate adhering scale, paint, sand, tar, rust, grease and dirt.
- Utilize abrasive-blasting to impart specified finish.
- Protect specified areas of objects from abrading action by masking them.
- Load parts on shelves in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
- Turns valves on equipment to adjust pressure and composition of abrasive mixture
flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
- May be designated by type of equipment or abrasive used as Cabinet-Abrasive Shot blaster.
- Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
- Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove- fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
- May examine finished parts to make sure conformance to requisites.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
- Purpose of Blasting
- Types of Blasting
- Risk Assessment
- Prohibited substances
- Atmospheric contaminants (Dust, Silica Dust)
- Control: Engineering
- Control: Administrative
Plant and Equipment
- Plant under pressure
- Blast Nozzle
- Blast Chambers
Abrasive Flow Problems
- Introduction to sandblaster flow problems.
- Pressure pot or a siphon sandblaster
- Basics of using a filter
- Step by step modifications.
- Essential tips and strategies.
Basics of Sandblaster
- sandblasters different types
- How to choose sandblaster
- sandblaster typical parts
- Nozzles comparison and contrast
- Learn operating sandblaster correctly
Utilizing Abrasive and Air Compressors
- different types of abrasives and their selection
- sizes of abrasive media grit
- Filtering and reusing grit via Inexpensive sources
- Air compressor selection
- low cost quality air compressors (cost saving)