Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Explain automotive electrical and electronic systems design and operation.
- Apply the electricity principles to assessment and repair of general
- Distinguish among kinds of electrical circuits.
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Identify electrical system problems by means of electrical system schematics.
- Test, assess and repair general electrical systems.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
- Purpose and scope
- Job / task orientation
- Kinds of batteries and charging systems
- Classes of ignition system
- Distributor timing setting
- Overview of self starter, ignition switch and alternator
- Hand and power tools practice
General Electrical System
- Testing, servicing and charging of batteries
- Perform repairs of electrical circuits
- Fix charging system
- Fix starting system
- Deploy, test and fix electrical security systems/parts
- Deploy auxiliary electrical units
- Remove or replace electrical/electronic components/assemblies
- Deploy, test and fix low voltage cabling and lighting system
Battery Diagnosis and Service
- State-of-charge test for battery; recognize required action.
- Test for battery capacity; authenticate correct battery capacity for automobile
- Restore or preserve tasks of electronic memory.
- Investigate, test, wipe and substitutes clamps, cables, connectors
hold-downs and batteries.
- Use Auxiliary power supply or jumper cables to start an automobile.
- Discover radios, electronic modules and additional accessories
- Starter circuit voltage drop tests.
- Starter current draw tests
- Inspect, test starter relays and solenoids
- Deploy or remove starter
- Test the switches, wires and connectors of starter control circuits
- Distinguish between engine mechanical troubles and electrical resulting
in a slow crank/no-crank situation
- Output test for charging system
- Analyze charging system for the cause of no charge, undercharge and
- Investigate, regulate, or substitute generator drive belts, pulleys and tensioners
- Remove and deploy generator (alternator)
- Carry out charging circuit voltage drop tests
- Lighting Systems diagnosis and repair
- Examine factors behind light too bright instead of regular or no light
- Identify and substitutes headlights and bulbs.
- Identify incorrect turn signal or hazard light operation
- Identify system voltage and safety measures linked with high intensity
Gauges, Warning Devices, and Driver Information System
- Examine and test carefully gauges and identify abnormal gauge reading via gauge sending units
- Examine and test carefully wires, connectors and printed circuit boards of gauge circuits
- Analyze the reason of wrong operation of warning devices
- Examine and test carefully wires and sensors of electronic digital instrument circuits
Horn and Wiper
- Identify erroneous horn operation
- Wiper speed control and park troubles
Accessories Diagnosis and Repair
- Inaccurate operation of motor-driven accessory circuits;
- Erroneous electric lock operation (include remote keyless access )
- Supplemental restraint system aspects
- Deactivate and allow the airbag system for automobile service.
- Remove and reinstall door panel.
- The reason of irregular, false or no operation of anti-theft systems.
- Illustrate the operation of keyless access/remote-start systems.