Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Comply with occupational safety and health policy.
- Measure in British and Metric unit.
- To identify, enumerate handle / operate tools, instruments, devices and equipment
and sharp the cutting tools.
- Identify the character and quality of different type of timbers.
- To draw free hand sketches of the parts of item.
- To make various types of woodwork joints.
- Make different products (frame, Door, Window, Stool, Chair, Table, Bed, Racks etc.)
- To fix and maintained woodwork fastener. (Mortise door lock, Drawer lock, Hinges etc.)
- Perform finishing and polishing work.
- To be familiar with occupational health and apply safe working technique.
- Costing and pricing of the products and services.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
- Describe the Carpentry Trade
- Practice Good Work Habits
Use Safe Work Practices
- Shop & Site Safety Practices
- Make use of Personal Safety Practices
- Identifying Precautions while Working With Hazardous Materials
- Use of Basic Body Mechanics while Lifting/Moving Objects
- How to Extinguish minute Fires
Interpret Drawings & Specifications
- Learn Reading Residential Drawings
- Sketch & Draw Simple Details
- Interpreting Specific Information from the British Columbia Building Code
- Estimate Material Quantities & Identify Construction Details
- Wood Characteristics
- Framing & Finishing Lumber
- Panel Products
- Fasteners, Adhesives & Caulking Compounds
- Finish & Framing Hardware
- General Safety Rules for Using Hand Tools
- Learn Measuring & Layout Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Cutting Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Edge-Cutting Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Drilling and Boring Tools
- Utilization & Maintenance of Fastening Tools
- Utilization and Maintenance of Miscellaneous Tools
- Utilizing Hand Tools for Constructing a Wood Project
Portable Power Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Portable Power Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Powder-Actuated Tools
- Utilize & Maintain Chain Saws
Use Shop Equipment
- Table Saw
- Radial Arm Saw
- Band Saw
- Drill Press
- Thickness Planer
- Sanding Machines
Utilize Survey Instruments
- Use of Optical Levels
- Use of Electronic Instruments
Utilize Site Layout
- Building Locations layout
Building Concrete Formwork
- Build Footing & Wall Forms
Frame Residential Housing
- Describe Types of Wood Frame Construction
- Foundations & Floors
- Walls & partitions
- Straight Stairs
- Stairs with Landings
Apply Finishing Materials
- Applying Roofing Materials
- Install Doors and Windows
- Apply Exterior Finishes
- Apply Wall Finishes and Trim
- Build Cabinets & Apply Plastic Laminates