Desire Learning Objective
This course will help you to:
- Acquire a detailed knowledge and perception of electrical theory and its application
to power, lighting and control equipment.
- Deploy different kinds of electrical circuits in residential and commercial buildings.
- Apply the planned instructions and specifications related to electrical installations.
- Aware of the safety requirements for installing electrical circuits.
- Be capable of trouble shooting and maintaining electrical systems and devices.
- Employ the test instruments and different tools efficiently required to carry out tasks.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
Introduction: Study Skills
The goal of this unit is to acquaint you with learning styles and study methods
that will improve your comprehension of critical course content.
Lesson 1: Circuits, Safety and Tools
- Introduction to electrical & workplace safety
- Electrical tools usage
- Electrical conductors & their properties
- Overcurrent protection & electrical earthing.
Lesson 2: Wiring Systems, Boxes and Conductors
- Fundamental electrical wiring systems
- Cable assemblies, enclosures, fittings, & installation methodologies
Lesson 3: Device Wiring and Branch Circuits
- Accurate device & conductor termination
- Branch circuit planning
- Calculation of Residential electrical load for branch circuits.
Lesson 4: Electrical Energy Theory
- The fundamentals of electricity
- Ohm's law and its applications
- Mathematical interrelationships among current, voltage and resistance
in an electrical circuit.
- Basic Electrical Mathematics
Lesson 5: Reading Blueprints: Service Entrance
- Fundamental requirements for the electrical service entrance
- Reading of standardized residential electrical prints.
Lesson 6: Appliance, Light Commercial and Mobile Home Wiring
- Electrical appliance wiring and specialized outlets
- Specifications for mobile home wiring.
Lesson 7: Low-Voltage Circuits: Remodeling Procedures
- Home wiring for telephone service and connecting computers with a network
- Extend existing wiring systems
Lesson 8: Advanced Blueprints, Wiring Methods, Boxes and Conduits
- Commercial and industrial blueprints
- Specifications, boxes, wiring techniques and conduit bodies
Lesson 9: Advanced Conductors and Overcurrent Protection
- Conductors and their properties
- Overcurrent safety and protection specifications
- Industrial and commercial electrical circuits’ installations.
Lesson 10: Advanced Branch Circuits, Distribution, Feeders and Service
- Complex specifications for branch circuits
- Electrical distribution systems
- Panel feeders and sub feeders
- Electrical service entrances
Lesson 11: Transformers, PLCs & Special Systems
- Applications of transformer in commercial and Industrial deployments
- PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Specialized electronic and electrical sub-systems
Lesson 12: Motors & Motor Controls
- Basic motor construction & design
- Motor operation & controls
- Accurate motor selection
Lesson 13: Emergency Power, Hazardous Locations, Pools and Fountains
- Emergency situations and officially needed standby electrical systems
- NEC categorizations and wiring specifications for hazardous zones
- Electrical equipment related to spas, swimming pools, and fountains
Lesson 14: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, the National Electrical Code and Careers
- Electrical systems troubleshooting and maintenance practices
- Effective usage of Electrical Code
- Careers and future in the electrical industry