Desire Learning Objective
On completing this course successfully, participants will gain a clear understanding of:
- Application of skills in the using different kinds of hand, power and
particular tools in cable jointing and termination.
- Identification and utilization of different kinds of materials used in cable
jointing and termination.
- The application of standardized safety rules and regulations.
- The application of skills related to deployment and maintenance of LV,
MV and HV cable jointing.
We impart knowledge and Practical Training in following way:
Ethics, discipline, motivation, health and safety training: Half an hour daily (10%)
Theoretical knowledge: One (01) hour daily (25%)
Hands on Training: Six (06) hour daily (65%)
- Work safety practices during termination
- Knowledge of unit measurement
- Knowledge and awareness of units such as voltage, amperes and frequency.
- Familiarity with control panel and switch gears.
- Color codes of phases.
- Handling of HT cables and static charges.
- Understanding of bonding and grounding.
Tools and Material
- Hydraulic based hand tools usage
- Knowledge of pin joint kits
- Heat shrink
- Cool shrink
- Tags, lugs and ferrules
- Wire armored for LV
- Strip armored for HT
- PVC cable for MV
- Identification of Cable types
- Various sizes of cables
- Cable dressing and tags
- Cable pulling Schedule
- Handle Cable Drums on jacks
- Cable measurements prior to cutting
- Cleaning, cutting and core opening
- Cutting core insulation
- Pin joint kit for checking the fixes
- Applications of heat and cool shrink
- Punching and joint checking
- Gland and dressing practice
- Lugs types
- Panel international termination
- Hand crimping tools practice
- Db termination
- Cable testing schedule
- Megger Meter Usage
- Continuity test practice
- Insulation test practice
- Schedule of Cable dressing
- Wrapping and dressing practices
- Wrapping material usage